Project Title: Lilongwe Women Traders Empowerment’ Project
Location: Lilongwe City
Grant Amount(£): 8,235.29
Project Duration: 15 months
The project is aimed at improving the quality of life of poor women traders who reside in Lilongwe through empowering women in markets and other informal trade by providing an enabling trading environment in Lilongwe City.
- Improved trading facilities in Lilongwe city markets for women and other marginalized groups
- Improved citizen participation by women traders.
- Gender sensitive and inclusive planning processes.
- Improved accountability for market revenue in city markets.
- Improved social support services in city markets.
Women traders participate in decision making in relevant market committees