Partnerships: Church and Society Blantyre Synod, Church and Society Nkhoma Synod, Church and Society Livingstonia Synod
Project Title: Economic empowerment of women through inclusive and accountable governance in Malawi
Location: Chitipa, Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Neno, Chikhwawa.
Grant Amount: £266,667
Project Duration: 3 years 8 months
End Date: 30th June 2015
The project aims at contributing to the progressive attainment of inclusive, accountable and responsive governance to improve Economic Empowerment of Women in Malawi. The project will facilitate change in the institutions and barriers that hinder successful attainment of Economic Empowerment for Women in Malawi.
- Progressive inclusion and visibility of women in economic empowerment policies and legislative bodies.
- Enhanced inclusion and capacity of women in vital economic activities at all levels.
- Improved women access and control to productive assets.
- Increased involvement of women in decision making circles.
- Improved stakeholder consultation and coordination on EEA agenda.
- Governances and service delivery at district level focusing on EEA.